September 5, 2019
Are children getting enough exposure to art? While there is nothing inherently wrong with watching YouTube or television, their precedence over art can be problematic. Children’s minds should be nourished with beautiful and powerful works of art.
If you want to give your child the art their young minds crave, Infinity Arts Center has a number of opportunities for art exposure and learning. You can also take measures at home that will set your kids on a path toward lifelong art appreciation. Here are five artists every child should know:
1. Michelangelo – Your child’s art education won’t be complete without studying this master. Kids will be fascinated by learning how long it took Michelangelo to paint the Sistine Chapel and the trials along the way.
2. Vincent Van Gogh – Kids will love the colorful and whimsical art of Van Gogh. Starry Night makes a good introductory piece for children to enjoy.
3. Beatrix Potter – Her beloved stories, such as The Tale of Peter Rabbit, aren’t the only reason to study this artist. Her illustrations bring the stories to life and will be appreciated by young ones.
4. Norman Rockwell – Rockwell created pieces of art that depicted everyday American life. This art will be delighted in by children as they see the artwork almost jumping off the page. Norman Rockwell’s art is also a way to study what life was like for Americans decades ago.
5. Grandma Moses – How could children not like Grandma Moses? They will love studying the detailed scenes in her primitive paintings. Kids may also be intrigued by her life story, including how she did not begin her career until much later than usual!